During October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month, we would like to honor and acknowledge those who have battled and are still battling breast cancer. A display has been hung on the wall in the hallway near the fellowship hall. To have yourself or someone else recognized this way, complete the form below or see Lesa Brassette for a paper version.
“Maintenance for Your Clay Jar”There will be a ladies’ luncheon on Saturday, October 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the fellowship hall. Lunch will be provided. Come get a healthy dose of fellowship, fun, and spiritual edification. There is a sign up sheet on a clip board in the foyer. Please invite a friend and get signed up as soon as possible! See Karen Wade or Glenda Scheuerman to help or with questions.
1. Remain silent before your accusers.
2. Only say those things about people that Jesus would say about them.
3. Make your prayers more personal. Talk to your heavenly Father out loud. Pour your heart out. Tell him everything! Get past those trite phrases.
4. Be completely honest this year. No white lies, no shading the truth to make yourself look better.
5. Practice humility, that deep-down kind. No self serving words or excuses.
6. Don’t manipulate people or situations for your benefit.
7. Spend a little time each day praying through scripture and ask, “Father, how can I obey this Word today?”
8. Change your attitude towards something that you complain about; in life, at home, at church. Make it a matter that no longer matters.
9. Talk less, listen more.
10. Be thankful. Praise God! Don’t let a butterfly, flower or sunset pass without expressing gratitude to our Creator.
11. Challenge yourself through prayer and study to rethink a long held religious interpretation /preference /opinion in a different way.
12. Trust God and rely only upon His fullness as never before.
13. Grace! Live in it. Extend it freely to others and dare to err on the side of grace instead of judgment. Let God sort it out.
14. Choose moral purity in both thoughts and actions.
15. Love one another. If we could just get this, little else would matter.
Navigate to: Resources > Member Directory