Our next youth minister candidate and his family are coming this weekend to visit and interview for the position. Tons of events are planned to give the congregation and our youth group a chance to get to know him!
Friday, August 29
4:05 P.M. – Arrival in GJ – Flight 2942 from Dallas – Welcome wagon at the airport, check flight schedule before you head there.
6:00 to 8:30 p.m. – Dinner and indoor game night at the church for youth group (Matt to provide ice breaker type game)
Saturday, August 30
8:30 A.M. – Breakfast with the elders
10:30 A.M. – Hike, location TBD, likely on the Mesa – Meet at building to ride in van or caravan. Please bring water, a sack lunch, sunscreen, bug spray, possibly a light jacket and dress comfortably.
3:00 P.M. – Interview with committee
7:00 to 9:00 P.M. – S’mores and outdoor games in the pit with singing and a short devo (Matt to lead songs and a short message) Eat dinner before you come!
Sunday, August 31
9:00 – 9:45 a.m. – Matt teaches combined high school and middle school Bible classes
10:15 a.m. – Matt shares thought before the Lord’s Supper
After Worship: Agape Sunday Potluck Fellowship Meal
No afternoon activity to allow time for potluck and huddle preparation!
6:00 p.m. – Huddle at the home of Santiago & Deborah Carol (2350 Rana Road – GJ 81507) Dinner, fun and devotional provided. Bring desserts and drinks please. Matt will be leading songs and devotional
Monday, September 1
4:30 P.M. – Flight departs for Dallas
1. Remain silent before your accusers.
2. Only say those things about people that Jesus would say about them.
3. Make your prayers more personal. Talk to your heavenly Father out loud. Pour your heart out. Tell him everything! Get past those trite phrases.
4. Be completely honest this year. No white lies, no shading the truth to make yourself look better.
5. Practice humility, that deep-down kind. No self serving words or excuses.
6. Don’t manipulate people or situations for your benefit.
7. Spend a little time each day praying through scripture and ask, “Father, how can I obey this Word today?”
8. Change your attitude towards something that you complain about; in life, at home, at church. Make it a matter that no longer matters.
9. Talk less, listen more.
10. Be thankful. Praise God! Don’t let a butterfly, flower or sunset pass without expressing gratitude to our Creator.
11. Challenge yourself through prayer and study to rethink a long held religious interpretation /preference /opinion in a different way.
12. Trust God and rely only upon His fullness as never before.
13. Grace! Live in it. Extend it freely to others and dare to err on the side of grace instead of judgment. Let God sort it out.
14. Choose moral purity in both thoughts and actions.
15. Love one another. If we could just get this, little else would matter.
Registration forms for Colorado Christian Youth Camp on the Grand Mesa are available. This year’s theme is Go! Camp is June 15-21 and forms are due by May 19.
Medical Release Form
You are invited to be a part of this year’s Valentine Ministry for our widows, widowers, and shut ins! Beginning Wednesday, February 5, there will be a table in the foyer with Valentine gift bags for these precious members of our congregation. Please bring a small Valentine for each one and distribute them into the bags (approximately 35). This is great for children, teens, and adults of all ages to “love on” others! If you’re short on time, a piece of wrapped candy is a “sweet” alternative. See Lesa Brassette for a list of names (or to add a name) or email her (Lesa@Brassette.com) for a digital list. If you can help deliver a bag, please feel free to pick them up after Bible Study on Wednesday, February 12.